There are two scientific groups in Department of Production Engineering: in scientific fields of Mechanical Engineering and Material Engineering:
- Scientific Group for Research of Equipment
- Materials and Processes of Graphic Media
Group for Development and Research of Innovative Production Processes and Systems:
- research of mechanical, physical features and characteristics of packing materials;
- diagnostics and identification of physical and mechanical characteristics of paper, cardboard and polymer film using applied optics (moiré, speckle imaging, photo elasticity methods) under static and dynamic load;
- preparation of methods for engineering design and recommendations for production of paper, cardboard and plastic packages.
Research of both scientific groups is related to the University’s scientific fields: Diagnostic and Measurement Technologies, Technologies for Sustainable Development and Energy, and New High Tech Materials.